We are attending AWS re:INVENT and Kubecon + CloudNativeCon for two busy weeks of conferences. The focus continues for us on open source infrastructure and driving better solutions for large enterprises.
This week, we are in Las Vegas attending Amazon’s cloud computing conference. As you may have heard, Amazon has joined the Cloud Native Computing Foundation this year. The schedule at this conference is packed with sessions on Kubernetes, containers, and other great open source software powering modern web services.
It’s been three years since the introduction of EC2 Container Service (ECS), and this year we expect great improvements to the service. What will their answer to Google’s and Azure’s managed Kubernetes be?
Some of the sessions that we will be attending include:
- Containers on AWS – State of the Union
- SecOps 2021 Today: Using AWS Services to Deliver SecOps
- Deep Dive into Container Scheduling with Amazon ECS
- Tooling Up for Efficiency: DIY Solutions @ Netflix
KubeCon + CloudNativeCon
Next week, we’ll start with the Kubernetes Contributor Summit! We look forward to meeting many of the members of this great community for the first time.
The main conference then kicks off on Wednesday. Adrian Cockcroft will be presenting a keynote on Cloud Native at Amazon Web Services. It’s been a pleasure seeing Amazon’s increased participation within both the Cloud Native Computing Foundation and Kubernetes.
The Kubernetes project has continued its trajectory of growth in 2017. We are excited to hear talks from all of the community members and users this year, including eBay, HBO, and Github.
Here are a few other sessions that we are interested to attend:
- Continuous Integration at Scale on Kubernetes – Karthik Gajjala, eBay
- Democratize Distributed System Development – Brendan Burns, Microsoft
- Keynote: Pushing the Limits of Kubernetes with Game of Thrones – Zihao Yu & Illya Chekrygin, HBO
If you’re in Austin, let us know and we’ll have to commune on cloud native over some BBQ!