Solinea has helped many organizations adopt containerized application development to increase overall efficiency. Learn about Docker and Kubernetes from our expert consultants.
High level course to provide managers, directors, executives and business stakeholders an introduction to Docker Containers and the Docker platform for general awareness or in preparation for the Conceive phase of a Docker initiative.
Audience:Managers, Directors, Executives, and Business Sponsors.
- Docker functionality and benefits
- Docker Architecture
- Limitations and competitive technologies
- Docker in action (demo and lab)
This two-day class provides a thorough introduction to containers and the Docker platform to include Docker’s: Container architecture, platform components, filesystem, images, container communications, storage, orchestration tool, clustering capabilities, and key resources.
The course is delivered using a combination of interactive lectures leveraging PowerPoint, whiteboards, core references, instructor solo and follow-me demonstrations, and hands-on labs.
This course is designed for architects, developers, system administrators, and technical team members that will be developing and managing Docker containers.
- Docker Overview
- Commands and navigation
- Container operations
- Image building and management
- Container data management
- Docker images
- Docker image repositories
- Automated image builds
- Docker filesystems and volumes
- Docker networking
- Clustered communications
- Docker Compose
- Docker Swarm
- Container monitoring
This one-day class provides IT practitioners the requisite knowledge and skills to use Kubernetes to deploy and manage their containerized applications. The course will focus on the usage of Kubernetes primitives, core APIs, and real world container deployment use cases.
The course is delivered using a combination of interactive lectures leveraging presentations, whiteboards, instructor solo and follow-me demonstrations, and hands-on labs.
- Software Developers
- Software Architects
- Systems Engineers
- Operations & System Administrators
- Overview of Kubernetes core concepts and key functionality
- Kubernetes cluster architecture
- Command line interface and common commands
- Service discovery
- Application deployment
- Exposing application services
- Configuring load balancers
- Using replication controllers
- Application upgrade strategies
- Deployment troubleshooting